The Easiest Solution for the Best Online Reading
Written by Kayla Benson • Posted on Nov 11, 2016
Need to zoom in or out while reading a news article, Facebook comment or email? Navigating through your internet browser settings or control panel to adjust the text size can become confusing or just a hassle. Luckily, there is a shortcut located right on your keyboard.
- Open your favorite internet browser- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Now, take a look at your keyboard. In the bottom left corner is a key labelled ‘Ctrl’ or Control. Press and hold Ctrl. Don’t let go!
- While still pressing Ctrl, tap the plus symbol (+) in the top right corner to zoom in. The more you tap it, the more it will zoom in.
- To zoom back out, press the same Ctrl key and the minus symbol (-) until the screen is resized to 100 percent.
- The shortcut for Mac is similar, but with an added key. Open your favorite internet browser- such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- Now, take a look at your keyboard. You’re going to need to press three keys at the same time. The first two buttons to press are the Command key, which is labelled with a special symbol (), and Option (. Don’t let go of these two buttons!
- While still pressing Command and Option, tap the plus sign (+). Keep tapping the plus sign until the text is the desired size.
- To zoom out again, press the command, option, and the minus symbol (-). The more you tap the plus or minus symbol, the more you will zoom out.
Adjusting the text size makes reading online a breeze. Try this shortcut and more today!
Our friendly technology advisors are available to coach you through this tip, and many more solutions, around the clock. Speak with someone today at 866-515-4865 or by chat!